[RP TownTalk] Host families needed--visitors from our sister city

Alan Thompson akthompson at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Mon Nov 5 03:09:16 UTC 2018

Greetings,

Many of you are aware that Riverdale Park has had an ongoing sister-city relationship with the town of Ipala, Guatemala, for more than a decade. One of the ways that relationship has blossomed is in an annual exchange of teachers, and we are preparing to welcome a fresh group of educators this month.

In order to promote a greater level of cultural exchange this year, we are looking for a few families from our community to open up their home and host one of these teachers during the week of November 11 to 18. I need a few of you to join me in sharing our homes for a little while! If you are interested in doing this and want more information please contact our sister cities coordinator Vernon Archer at varcher at gmail.com<mailto:varcher at gmail.com>

I'm looking forward to extending a great big welcome and trying to show some of the best of American hospitality next week. Ours is a great and embracing country and this is a wonderful way of showing it to visitors from our sister city.

Best regards,

Alan

--

Alan K. Thompson, Mayor