[RP TownTalk] Fwd: [New post] Kapnos Taverna Closing in College Park Dec. 1

Jeffrey Yorke yorkedial at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 15:48:42 UTC 2018

Bad behavior by the boss is not a good reason for lots of people who need
the job to lose it. Mike Isabella’s wildly piggish behavior caused nearly a
1,000 jobs in the DMV to vanish.

But recently, other restaurant operators filled in the 42,000-sf gap left
by Isabella’s food court closing lef in Tysons Corner and other similar
operators are likely to come to Purple Lined CPMD.

A restaurant only thrives when it has good food and has some allure. Price
is only part of it— what’s too expensive for one diner is a deal for
another but quality and service always matter. (And rent at UMD’s The Hotel
is like Manhattan without the deep-pocketed crowd! Until the Wallace Loh
team gets a grip on rent pricing, bagels and coffee will be about the only
food available in the place.)

As far as Hank’s and Chef Geoff are concerned, there’s the question of
years of back rent owed by the operator— the landlord reportedly took the
big hit . And, his wife earns the dough in the family — CBS News
transferred Norah O’Donnell from White House correspondent to co-host, CBS
Morning News so it was griddle-to-go ...

Certainly Hank’s was better than Korean chicken, nothing to sqawk about! —
but University Park Town Center will have to de-ghost before something
better comes along. It’s got everything a community could want— metro stop,
new high-end living space, walkable, parking, a slew of movie screens,
office buildings, community college, nice grocery store, and still the Wall
Drug Store in South Dakota is busier!

Jeffrey Yorke
Yorke Property Management, Inc.
Yorke Partners