[RP TownTalk] RPFarmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 01:21:19 UTC 2018

Tomorrow : October 11th,  3-7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

Come over and join us for the weekly market to stock up on your late Summer
& early Fall favorites.

Yes, we’re open during rain unless there’s a major weather event.

Get your great fresh and local apples and veggies! Crimson Crisp, Crimson
Topaz, Crimson Jonagold, Daybrek Fuji, Empire, Gala, Golden Delicious,
Golden Supreme, Grimes Golden, HoneyCrisp, Jonathan, Macon & Northern Spy
apples; kiwiberries, free range hen eggs; fresh apple cider, sweet corn,
beets, regular cabbage, collards, regular & fairy tale eggplant, cucumber,
Dino, green & red bore kale, okra, red & yellow onions, green & red bell &
jalapeño peppers, radishes, spinach, arugula & salad mix; sunchokes,
potatoes, sweet potatoes, swiss chard, cherry tomatoes, winter squash,
zucchini, microgreens and other crops while they last.  Apple sauce,
pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, exotic mushrooms, free
range hen & duck eggs, and more while we enjoy the changing seasons. Don't
miss it!

During these odd weather days, it may require some creativity to come up
with a seasonal recipe that fits the crops available and the current
weather. Shallots are available from McCleaf's Orchard & butternut can be
purchased from either McCleaf’s or @Barajas Produce.. Here’s a fitting
recipe for our time: Grillled Butternut Squash with Shallot Vinaigrette
<https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-butternut-squash-shallot-vinaigrette>

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s Town Center (across from the
Riverdale MARC train station.)

WEATHER: High of 77@  3PM & some rain. (according to The Weather Channel).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm
   -

   MCCleaf's Orchard