[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 01:10:36 UTC 2018

Tomorrow : October 18th,  3-7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

Come over and join us for the weekly market to stock up on your late Summer
& early Fall favorites.

Yes, we’re open during rain unless there’s a major weather event.

Get your great fresh and local apples and veggies! Crimson Crisp, Crimson
Topaz, Crimson Jonagold, Daybreak Fuji, Empire, Gala, Golden Delicious,
Golden Supreme, Grimes Golden, HoneyCrisp, Jonathan, Macon & Northern Spy
apples; kiwiberries, free range hen eggs; fresh apple cider, sweet corn,
beets, regular cabbage, collards, regular & fairy tale eggplant, cucumber,
Dino, green & red bore kale, okra, red & yellow onions, green & red bell &
jalapeño peppers, radishes, spinach, arugula & salad mix; sunchokes,
potatoes, sweet potatoes, swiss chard, cherry tomatoes, winter squash,
zucchini, microgreens and other crops while they last.  Apple sauce,
pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, exotic mushrooms, free
range hen & duck eggs, and more while we enjoy the changing seasons. Don't
miss it!

Here are some delicious seasonal pizza recipes
<https://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/family-meals/slideshow/pizza-recipes>
 from Bon Apetit magazine to add your Fall repertoire using ingredients
from many of our great vendors including Barajas Produce, Groff’s Content
Farm, Tag Team Kitchen, King Mushrooms, Cat’s Paw Farm, Nativo Condiments &
Seasonings, and McCleaf’s Orchard.

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s Town Center (across from the
Riverdale MARC train station.)

WEATHER: High of 58 @  3PM & some wind. (according to The Weather Channel).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm
   -

   McCleaf's Orchard
   -

   Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   -

   King Mushrooms
   -

   Baraja's Produce
   -

   Tag Team Kitchen - variety of pizza crusts & kits.
   -

   Zeke's Coffee of DC
   -

   I confect