[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 01:01:08 UTC 2018

Tomorrow : September 20th,  3-7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

Come over and join us for the weekly market to stock up on your late Summer
& early Fall favorites.

Yes, we’re open during rain unless there’s a major weather event.

Get your great fresh and local peaches and berries! HoneyCrisp &
AutumnCrisp apples; yellow peaches, plums & pluots, blackberries,
blueberries, red raspberries, cantaloupes, free range hen eggs; sweet corn,
beets, broccoli, regular & Chinese cabbage, cauliflower, collards, regular
& fairy tale eggplant, cucumber, fennel, Dino, green & red bore kale, okra,
red & yellow onions, green & red bell & jalapeño peppers, radishes,
spinach, arugula & salad mix; sweet potatoes, swiss chard, cherry tomatoes,
zucchini, microgreens and other crops while they last.  Apple sauce,
pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, exotic mushrooms, free
range hen & duck eggs, and more while we enjoy the changing seasons. Don't
miss it!

Interested in some ideas your fresh baby ginger from McCleaf’s Orchard
<https://www.mccleafsorchard.com/>?

Here are some baby ginger suggestions from NPR...
<https://www.npr.org/2013/10/16/234888648/tickled-pink-fresh-young-ginger-is-a-sweet-break-from-gnarled-roots#diablo>

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s Town Center (across from the
Riverdale MARC train station.)

WEATHER: High of 79@ 3PM, sunny and humid with little to no rain.
(according to Accuweather). The sprinkler tent will be up and running.

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm - Lots of great fresh chicken parts!
   <https://business.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   McCleaf’s Orchard - Lots of great Summer fruits, apples, Corn & baby
   ginger
   -

   Barajas Produce - Corn, Tomatoes & Peppers!
   -

   King Mushrooms -
   -

   Cat’s Paw Farm - Organic Vegie farmer
   -

   Roy & RT’s Kitchen - Indonesian food
   -

   Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe
   -

   Zeke's Coffee of DC
   <https://business.facebook.com/zekescoffeedc/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery
   -

   Flour Uprising - is back!
   -

   I Confect - Seafood Gumbo & Crab Mac & Cheese
   -

   Nativo Condiments & Seasonings
   -

   Cocoa Couture fudge creations