[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 02:52:23 UTC 2018

Tomorrow : September 27th,  3-7PM

@: 6204 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

Come over and join us for the weekly market to stock up on your late Summer
& early Fall favorites.

Yes, we’re open during rain unless there’s a major weather event.

Get your great fresh and local apples and veggies! Crimson Crisp, Crimson
Topaz, Crimson Jonagold, Daybrek Fuji, Empire, Gala, Golden Delicious,
Golden Supreme, Grimes Golden, HoneyCrisp, Jonathan, Macon & Northern Spy
apples; last week of yellow peaches, kiwiberries, free range hen eggs;
fresh apple cider, sweet corn, beets, broccoli, regular cabbage, collards,
regular & fairy tale eggplant, cucumber, Dino, green & red bore kale, okra,
red & yellow onions, green & red bell & jalapeño peppers, radishes,
spinach, arugula & salad mix; sunchokes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, swiss
chard, cherry tomatoes, winter squash, zucchini, microgreens and other
crops while they last.  Apple sauce, pastured meats, raw milk cheeses,
fresh goat cheese, exotic mushrooms, free range hen & duck eggs, and more
while we enjoy the changing seasons. Don't miss it!

Interested in some ideas your fresh baby ginger from McCleaf’s Orchard
<https://www.mccleafsorchard.com/>?

Here are some baby ginger suggestions from NPR...
<https://www.npr.org/2013/10/16/234888648/tickled-pink-fresh-young-ginger-is-a-sweet-break-from-gnarled-roots#diablo>

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s Town Center (across from the
Riverdale MARC train station.)

WEATHER: High of 63@  with rain. (according to Accuweather).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm - Lots of great fresh chicken parts!
   <https://business.facebook.com/GroffsContentFarm/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   McCleaf’s Orchard - Last week of peaches, Lots of great apples,
   Sunchokes & baby ginger
   -

   Barajas Produce - Corn, Tomatoes & Peppers!
   -

   King Mushrooms -
   -

   Jack Creek Plants
   -

   Cat’s Paw Farm - Organic Vegie farmer
   -

   Roy & RT’s Kitchen - Indonesian food
   -

   Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe
   -

   Zeke's Coffee of DC
   <https://business.facebook.com/zekescoffeedc/?business_id=519659454902835>
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery
   -

   AlaskaWild Seafoods
   -

   I Confect - Seafood Gumbo & Crab Mac & Cheese
   -

   Nativo Condiments & Seasonings
   -

   Cocoa Couture fudge creations