[RP TownTalk] flies? reply

S Collins ugglywump at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 16 16:54:37 UTC 2019

 Are they big and rather slow-flying? Could be "cluster flies." Had a problem w/ them a few years back. From what I've been able to find out, they all of a sudden appear in large #s, they live on nectar, they thankfully don't lay their eggs in your home, they just..... show up? I got a spray at an organic foods store which is safe to use around pets and kids and just kept spraying and swatting the darned things (you might be able to get the spray at Whole Foods or someplace like that). Apparently they're not so much a health hazard as a nuisance! Haven't seen them since, thank goodness.     On Friday, August 16, 2019, 12:22:44 PM EDT, Sheri Mattes Wake <smattes3 at gmail.com> wrote:

 let me clarify they're not little fruit flies.  they're big buzzing flies.
On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 12:18 PM Sheri Mattes Wake <smattes3 at gmail.com> wrote:

random question, is anyone else having an issue with flies in their house?  I'm so confused.  we've never had a bunch of flies in our house before and there seem to be an endless number for the last week.  the windows have not been open, I have no idea how they got in.  I've let out around 5 -10 of them and there are probably around 5 more.  it's not a huge number but really annoying, constantly flying around and I don't know what's going on.  any advice??
Thanks,Sheri

For more information about Riverdale Park, visit http://www.riverdaleparkmd.gov