[RP TownTalk] Thanks to Those Who Donated for Turkey Giveaway!

Jeffrey Yorke WashingtonInk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 18:15:10 UTC 2019

THE BIZ Riverdale Park Business Association Dec. 3, 2019

Thanks to Those Who Donated for Turkey Giveaway!
[image: page1image48475104] [image: page1image48474896] [image:
page1image48474480]

Thank you to the many businesses which stepped up to donate turkey dinners
in conjunction with the Christian Life Center. Thanks to the generosity of
various businesses in our community and neighboring areas, more than $4,000
was raised in just 48 short hours. This enabled Pastor Ben Slye and his
host of volunteers (of which I was among), to purchase the food (turkeys
and all the trimmings) for 275 needy families in our community during the
giveaway. Sadly, some had to be turned away as the food baskets ran out
very quickly. Fortunately, more than 80 percent of those seeking assistance
were able to get enough food to feed a family of five. Essentially, we were
able to feed indirectly well over 1,000 people in our community. Thanks
also to our local police department for helping keep the order as a few
hundred people descended onto Taylor Road for the big giveaway on Nov. 23.
I took a few photos so you can see the dozens of volunteers who helped make
this a smashing success. We appreciate all those who answered the call.
There will be other opportunities in the future.

I hope to see everyone at our holiday business mixer for the Riverdale Park
Business Association on Wednesday, December 11 from 6-8pm at Denizens
Brewing Co., 4550 Van Buren St. in Riverdale Park Station –

The Station (see separate notice). RSVP to Yorkedial at gmail.com, 301-502-1243

as soon as possible so we can get a head count.

Heavy appetizers and your first round of drinks will be provided for by the
RPBA. The rest of the tab is on you.

See you soon.

Michael Herman, RPBA President
[image: page1image48474064] [image: page1image48473648] [image:
page1image33753152] [image: page1image33764864] [image:
page1image33763520] [image:
page1image33762752][image: page1image33766400] [image: page1image33766592]

NEXT MEETING: Holiday Party at Denizens Brewing Co., Dec. 11, 6-8pm
[image: page1image33766784]