[RP TownTalk] Maryland Meadworks Hours and Events This Week

Ken Carter brewshi at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 3 18:21:10 UTC 2019

* Thursday, December 5th:  Yarnia
 There is still time to make that holiday scarf for your favorite niece. Knit one, pearl two, drink three!  Open to anyone who likes to knit, craft, draw, and relax.  All ability levels, friendly company, and delicious mead.  New Yarnians welcomed with open yarns :)
 * Friday, December 6th, 7-10 pm:  Jazz Night Warm your bones this weekend with hot jazz and cool mead.  Featuring the always amazing Hyattsville Jazz Collective.  This Friday’s hot line-up includes Luke Brandon on trumpet, Paul Pieper on guitar, Romeir Mendez on bass, and Kevin McDonald on drums. Free event.
>>We will be attending two great events on Saturday so the Meadworks will be closed until 6 pm.<<
* Saturday, December 7th, 11 am-4 pm:  Holiday Craft Fair & Mead Tasting Lounge
Join the revolution of actually enjoying holiday shopping. Don't get stuck at crowded malls--come to the Brentwood Arts Exchange to support local artists and small businesses as you shop for beautiful handmade items. Stop by the Maryland Meadworks mead tasting lounge area and sample a tasty local craft while you meet and talk with the artists who made the gifts you're buying.

* Saturday, December 7th, 10 am-5 pm:  Mt. Rainier Holiday Craft Fair
 Join us at Joe’s Movement Emporium for the 2019 Mt. Rainier Craft Fair.  Sip your mead while you enjoy the festive decor, incredible local crafters from all over the DC-MD-VA area, and a gathering of a loving, accepting community.  This is a kid-friendly event with food, music, and fantastic hand-crafted gifts.

Coming up:
> Yarnia + Music Open Mic Night, Thursday, Dec. 12
> Janine Wilson & Arch Alcantara, Friday, Dec. 13> Portobello Brass Quintet, Saturday, Dec. 14> Jazz Night, Friday, Dec. 20> Rosa Tatuata Solstice Soiree, Dec. 21
Maryland Meadworks4700 Rhode Island Avenue (next to Shortcake Bakery)Hyattsville, MD 20781http://www.marylandmeadworks.com
Hours:Thursdays & Fridays: 4-10 pmSaturdays: noon-10 pmSundays: noon-7 pm