[RP TownTalk] Maryland Meadworks Hours and Events This Week

Ken Carter brewshi at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 18:25:55 UTC 2019

* Thursday, December 19th, 7-10 pm:  YarniaYou still have one more Thursday to make that holiday scarf for your favorite niece before Christmas. Knit one, pearl two, drink three!  Open to anyone who likes to knit, crochet, craft, draw, and relax.  All ability levels, friendly company, and delicious mead.  New Yarnians welcome with open yarns :)
* Friday, December 20th, 7-10 pm:  Jazz NightThe Hyattsville Jazz Collective will light up the Meadworks stage on Friday with your holiday favorites as well as their own amazing jazz standards and originals. Friday's line-up features not one, but two amazing saxaphone players: Mike Cemprola and Grant Langford. Rounding out the quartet are professional musicians James Collins on organ and Philly-based drummer extraordinaire Dan Monaghan.  Don’t miss the best jazz in the DMV!  Free event. Tipping encouraged.
* Saturday, December 21st, 7-10 pm: Rosa Tatuata Solitice Soirée Fueled by their research into traditional instruments like the tamburo (Sicilian frame drum), organetto, marranzano (jaw’s harp) and zampogna (Southern -Italian bagpipes), Rosa Tatuata introduces traditional songs into different musical contexts that rhythmically mirror the commingling of Old & New World. With an enchanting mix of ballads and dance tunes, Rosa Tatuata  will take your imagination to sunbathed Southern Italy and the clear, crystal-blue waters surrounding Sicily. Enjoy the talented Michela Musolino, Phil Passantino, Charlie Rutan and Jeffrey Panettieri as Rosa Tatuata in this Solitice Soirée!  Free event. Tipping encouraged.
* Monday, December 23rd, 4-7 pm & Tuesday, December 24th, 4-7 pm: Holiday Growler FillsBetter than milk and cookies (and I love milk and cookies)!  You will have two chances to fill a growler with your favorite mead for the holidays. Guaranteed to make your annoying relatives just a little bit more tolerable.
Coming up:
> He/Ha, Weston Smith, and Les Angél: Friday, Dec. 27
> Holiday Karaoke: Dec. 28> New Year's Eve Growler Fills: Dec. 30 & 31, 4-7 pm
Maryland Meadworks4700 Rhode Island Avenue (next to Shortcake Bakery)Hyattsville, MD 20781http://www.marylandmeadworks.com
Hours:Thursdays & Fridays: 4-10 pmSaturdays: noon-10 pmSundays: noon-7 pm