[RP TownTalk] Dentist Rec

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:34:22 UTC 2019

We have been with Dr. Steven Rattner & Associates in the Westchester Park
development (off Kenilworth and Pontiac St) since 1993. Our hygienist is
Margaret O'Quinn and she's amazing. I have sensitive teeth and she
remembers what areas to stay away from so I am never in pain. Dr. Rattner
is deaf, and everyone in the office signs (ASL), so you get the added
benefit of practicing your sign language if you want to. (The hygienists
are bilingual so they translate for Dr. Donald, who is also deaf. Dr.
Rattner is bilingual, despite being deaf.)

They do a great job with patients with insulin dependent diabetes. I know
one client who they worked with who learned (from them) that if you get
more frequent cleanings, your blood sugar control is better. So he gets
cleanings every 3 months, and it has really helped a lot.

I had a small crack in the enamel of one of my teeth, and they waited to
treat it until I was ready, and did a great job with the filling. And
recently they helped me through a crazy dental emergency - saw me that day
and fixed the problem on the spot. I was so grateful!

-Sarah

***

*Sarah Wayland, Ph.D.* | www.GuidingExceptionalParents.com
<https://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/>
Supporting students with learning differences & their families

*First, Put On Your Own Oxygen Mask - Mar 7* - Join with other parents to
explore different ways to think about your problems and implement effective
self-care. *For more information and to register:
**https://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/behavior-workshops-maryland/
<https://www.guidingexceptionalparents.com/behavior-workshops-maryland/>*