[RP TownTalk] has anyone removed vinyl siding and restored original wood siding on their old house?

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 16:28:44 UTC 2019

Our house is 100+ years old and the vinyl siding that conceals the original
wood looks to have been here for a long time as well (!). We're interested
in having the vinyl siding removed and restore the original siding.  We
called a few local contractors that do siding - but they all said they only
work with modern siding and haven't done the kind of work we're interested
in.

Has anyone done this or otherwise know of contractors who do this kind of
work?  Any leads would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Dwight Holmes