[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 03:43:02 UTC 2019

Tomorrow : January 10th,  3-7PM

@: 6220 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

Please join us tomorrow for locally prepared delicious freshly cooked
barbecue by 250 Texas BBQ. Many items will be available including: Brisket,
turkey, or Pulled Pork sandwiches, coleslaw, potato salad, brisket beans,
hot chocolate and cold horchata. It’s the last week of rice pudding..

*If any furloughed employee shows up @ market tomorrow*, flash your federal
government ID badge @ the market info booth for a free $5 gift certificate
from the market. This offer stands until the end of the shutdown.

We will offer a maximum of $5 in bonus money through Maryland Market Money
on EBT transactions until WIC season begins.

Yes, we’re open during rain unless there’s a major weather event.

Get your great fresh and local apples and veggies! Crimson Crisp, Crimson
Jonagold, Fuji, Nittany, Golden Delicious, Ginger Gold, HoneyCrisp apples;
free range hen eggs; fresh apple cider, beets, carrots, regular cabbage?,
collards?, Dino, green & red bore kale, red & yellow onions, radishes?,
spinach, arugula & salad mix; sunchokes?, potatoes, sweet potatoes, swiss
chard?, winter squash? and other crops while they last.  Apple sauce,
pastured meats, raw milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, exotic mushrooms, free
range hen & duck eggs, and more while we enjoy the changing seasons.

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s Town Center (across from the
Riverdale MARC train station.)

This has got to be good: Farmers Market Pork chops
<http://www.chasingtheseasons.com/farm-market-pork-chops/> from Chasing the
Seasons..

WEATHER: High of 37@ 3PM, windy & chilly, it’s clear though.. (according to
The Weather Channel).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm <http://groffscontentfarm.com/>
   -

   McCleaf's Orchard <https://www.mccleafsorchard.com/>
   -

   Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   -

   King Mushrooms <https://www.facebook.com/kingsmushroomfarm/>
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery
   -

   I Confect - What’s your confection?
   -

   El Piquin Restaurant
   -

   Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden <https://www.facebook.com/royandrt/> (really
   this time)
   -

   250 Texas BBQ <https://www.yelp.com/biz/250-texas-bbq-riverdale-park>
   -

   Twin Valley Distillers <http://tvdistillers.com/>

Music Acts: Probably not due to cold until we get our cold weather setup
under control

Kid Fun: Sidewalk chalk

We have a two week delay for the first appearance of Southeastern Roastery.
We’ll have their first appearance on January 17th with fresh brewed coffee.

We will offer a maximum of $5 in bonus money through Maryland Market Money
on EBT transactions until WIC season begins.

AlaskaWild Seafoods is appearing next on January 24th

Thanks,

Jim Coleman
Ph: 3015865973