[RP TownTalk] RP Farmers Market Weekly Highlights

Jim Coleman rpkfarmmkt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 02:22:44 UTC 2019

Tomorrow : January 17th,  3-7PM

@: 6220 Rhode Island Avenue, Riverdale Park, MD (next to Riverdale

MARC station)

Please join us tomorrow for the premiere of our new startup coffee
roaster, Southeastern
Roastery, brewing on the premises. We’re also welcoming back locally
prepared delicious freshly cooked barbecue by 250 Texas BBQ. Many items
will be available including: Brisket, turkey, or Pulled Pork sandwiches,
coleslaw, potato salad, brisket beans, hot chocolate and cold horchata.
It’s the last week of rice pudding..

If any furloughed or unpaid Fed employee shows up @ market tomorrow, flash
your federal government ID badge @ the market info booth for a free $5 gift
certificate from the market. This offer stands until the end of the
shutdown.

We will offer a maximum of $5 in bonus money through Maryland Market Money
on EBT transactions until WIC season begins.

Yes, we’re open during rain unless there’s a major weather event.

Get your great fresh and local apples and veggies! Ever Crisp, Crimson
Jonagold, Fuji, Nittany, Ginger Gold, HoneyCrisp apples; free range hen
eggs; fresh apple cider, beets, carrots, regular cabbage?, collards?, Dino,
green & red bore kale, red & yellow onions, radishes?, spinach, arugula &
salad mix; sunchokes?, potatoes, sweet potatoes, swiss chard?, winter
squash? and other crops while they last.  Apple sauce, pastured meats, raw
milk cheeses, fresh goat cheese, exotic mushrooms, free range hen & duck
eggs, and more while we enjoy the changing seasons.

Evening hours are fun at the market! We look forward to seeing you every
Thursday from 3 to 7 PM @ Riverdale Park’s Town Center (across from the
Riverdale MARC train station.)

Don’t forget the great local apples available at this time of year.

WEATHER: High of 33@ 3PM with light winds & a few flurries.. (according to
The Weather Channel).

Tomorrow's lineup includes the following vendors:

   -

   Groff's Content Farm    <http://groffscontentfarm.com/>
   -

   McCleaf's Orchard    <https://www.mccleafsorchard.com/>
   -

   Cat's Paw Organic Farm
   -

   King Mushrooms        <https://www.facebook.com/kingsmushroomfarm/>
   -

   Southeastern Roastery <https://www.facebook.com/southeasternroastery/>
   -

   Stone Hearth Bakery?
   -

   I Confect - What’s your confection?
   -

   El Piquin Restaurant?
   -

   Roy & RT's Kitchen & Garden <https://www.facebook.com/royandrt/> (really
   this time)
   -

   250 Texas BBQ    <https://www.yelp.com/biz/250-texas-bbq-riverdale-park>
   -

   Twin Valley Distillers <http://tvdistillers.com/>?

Music Acts: Probably not due to cold until we get our cold weather setup
under control--
Thanks,

Jim Coleman
Ph: 3015865973