[RP TownTalk] Earth Day Clean Up April 13

FRANCES TOLER francestoler at msn.com
Fri Mar 15 11:09:30 UTC 2019

Hello all!

Our local Earth Day clean up is a few weeks away, and this is your chance to pitch in with some like-minded folks to clean up a local waterway! Saturday, April 13, 9 am- noon.

Sign up here https://anacostiaws.salsalabs.org/earthday2019-colmarmanor-duelingcreek-cottagecity/index.html?page=register
Or through our Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/events/413572742794178/?ti=ia
Choose the Colmar Manor/Dueling Creek site
Groups are welcome! It’s a great service option.

Why Dueling Creek? This little waterway drains the southern part of Mount Rainier, and part of NE DC, flows through Cottage City and Colmar Manor, and finally through the Colmar Manor Park and into the Anacostia River. It’s one of our local creeks, and plastic trash from our community blows downhill and into the creek. Cleaning it up allows for a more ecological and scenic little stream, makes it easier for wildlife to manage, and helps you explore and learn more about your local watershed. Read more about it here https://friendsofduelingcreek.org/

Most of the cleanup areas are easy to get to, and bags and gloves are provided - kids and different abilities are welcome. However, we are looking for a few hardy groups of folks who are prepared to navigate muddy off-trail areas, in search of the big hidden trash jams that are hard to get to. If you can come ready for off-trail work, we will help you have an adventure!

We will meet at the covered picnic tables/basketball court area (last parking lot) of Colmar Manor Park 9 am on Saturday April 13.

Please contact me at francestoler at msn.com<mailto:francestoler at msn.com> if you are familiar with the park and would like to help coordinate and direct groups on the day. I could use some help! Help with coffee and snacks pickup would also be welcome.

Please share this on other local listservs and groups, many thanks!
Fran Toler