[RP TownTalk] Community support for Hyattsville Middle School

Catarina Correia chatareena at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 15:02:07 UTC 2019

Greetings friends and neighbors,

Hyattsville Middle School will have it's career day on Nov 6th from 9am
-11am and we need your help to make it a success.  We are looking for
volunteers to showcase careers to our students.  It is a wonderful
opportunity to share your story and inspire future generations.  I have
attached the letter from the school as well as pasted it below.

Thank you in advance for considering to participate and please share the
opportunity with friends.

Best,
HMS PTSO

Dear Community and Business Partners:

Hyattsville Middle School is having its annual Career Day event November 6,
2019 9:00am – 11:00am.

It is our unyielding quest to prepare world-class students to be college
and career-ready. In order to achieve this, we need shared responsibility
and the assistance of our parents, community members, public figures, and
business partnerships to educate students on the importance of furthering
their education and the vast career opportunities open to them.

Strengthening our student population positively impacts the community as a
whole as we endeavor to provide students who are better prepared to enter
the workforce, be productive, and responsible citizens. Therefore, you are
cordially invited to make a career presentation during our College and
Career Day event.  Presentations should be 40 minutes in length and you
will present twice to approximately 25-30 students ranging from 6th to 8th
grades.   The recommended format includes: related school subjects,
education/training, personal skills necessary in your field, a typical day
in your field, visual applications, etc.

A continental breakfast will be served at 9:00am prior to the start of the
day and a catered lunch will be provided following the last session.

We would be honored if you would accept our invitation while making an
investment in preparing tomorrow’s leaders, employees, and consumers.
Please contact our Professional School Counseling Office to indicate your
pleasure at (301) 209-5830 or email Ms. Meadows at Felicia.Meadows at pgcps.org
.  Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Shanda Potoki, Dept. Chair

6th Grade Counselor