[RP TownTalk] Traffic problems in town

S Collins ugglywump at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 17 13:32:29 UTC 2019

Adding my 2 cents for what it's worth, to the traffic problem discussion.  I'm a full-time pedestrian, and "nightmare" is the only (printable!) word I can use for some of the crossings in town; goes without saying that Queensbury and Lafayette at the train tracks is always a mess, crosswalk or not.  And, as others have noted, it's especially hazardous to pedestrians after a train has cleared the area.  Another problem crossing is, I guess it would be West Beale Circle, at Ernies' Locksmith?  Cars come barreling through from Route 1 to West Beale, most of the time NO indication they're making a turn, no turn signals, etc.  Another problem area is Ravenswood and Lafayette; those stop signs on Lafayette might as well not even be there, far too many cars simply ignore them.  And since many of the cars are going pretty fast, I'm surprised there's not more accidents there.  No easy solutions, I guess, and we can't expect the police to babysit all of these problem areas all the time.  But being able to cross the street safely and without having to wait several minutes would sure be nice!  I've lived in this part of town for over 30 years, sad to see that it's not so pedestrian-friendly anymore.