[RP TownTalk] Maryland Meadworks Hours and Events This Week

Ken Carter brewshi at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 16:11:07 UTC 2019

* Thursday, Sept. 26th, 7-9 pm: (un)choir (un)choir is coming to Maryland Meadworks!  The song will be “We Belong”  by Pat Benatar (we bee-long).  You will get a lyric sheet and we teach you 2 or 3 part harmony and then we sing our hearts out!  (un)choir turns the tables on traditional choir.  No auditions, no rehearsals, no long term commitment, all ages welcome - just show up and sing a song you love!
* Friday, Sept. 27th, 6-9 pm:  Inspired Bodies Art Opening Inspired Bodies is a multimedia art exhibit featuring works curated by local artists Alice Gardner-Bates and Hannah Chertock. Inspired Bodies features artists in the DMV whose artwork is inspired or influenced by physical or mental disability, chronic illness, or pain. This show celebrates all bodies and our resilience.Come join for an evening filled with creativity and stimulating conversation while we celebrate bodies and our amazing resilience. Meet the artists, eat delicious snacks and drink mead. Artwork will be exhibited from September 1st - October 31st, 2019. Opening Night is September 27th, 6-9pm, 2019.
* Saturday, Sept, 28th, 7-10 pm: Seán Heely and Tracy Jenkins
 Bagpipes and BBQ?  Celtic music and locally-brewed mead? What could be a sweeter combination? Featuring U.S National Scottish Fiddle champion Seán Heely and Scottish border piper Tracy Jenkins. These gents bring together multiple different instruments to perform fiery dance tunes and ancient, soaring melodies from Scotland and Ireland. They have performed in venues such as the Kennedy Center, Strathmore Music center, CCE Irish Folk Festival in Fairfax, VA, the Virginia Scottish games, and the Niel Gow Festival in Scotland.  Food provided by 250 Texas BBQ!
Coming up:
*Friday, Oct. 4th: Swing Set
*Saturday, Oct. 5th: College Park Day*Saturday, Oct. 5th: Chris Presley & the Mobtown Cats
Maryland Meadworks4700 Rhode Island Avenue (next to Shortcake Bakery)Hyattsville, MD 20781
Hours:Thursdays & Fridays: 4-10 pmSaturdays: noon-10 pmSundays: noon-7 pm