[RP TownTalk] RP TownTalk and TownAnnounce service lapses likely - service provider shutting down

Alan Thompson akthompson at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Sat Jan 4 17:51:52 UTC 2020

Greetings,

I received notice last night that the hosting service on which the town's email lists (RP TownTalk and RP TownAnnounce) operate will be ceasing operations effective January 10 (next Friday).

Because of the timing, I haven't had a chance to discuss options with town staff.  Whatever we do, there is almost certainly going to be a gap in service (and one question is whether, in the age of social media, we should continue to run the email lists at all).

I'll keep you informed as we make progress.  Please let me know if you have ideas or thoughts on the path forward.

Best regards,

Alan

--

Alan K. Thompson, Mayor