[RP TownTalk] Queensbury Buses

David Hiles hilesd at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 23 17:25:45 UTC 2006

My messages to this list are being moderated because I was judged to
have violated the posting standards.
************************************

why is it OK for our town to have our residential streets used as
alternatives to 410 (queensbury) and rt 1 (cleveland-dupont-lafayette)?
we already have two north-south highways (rt1, kenilworth, not to
mention csx) running through town and east/west cutting us apart in the
other dimension.  that is enough, we do more than our our share
accomodating other people's commutes.

we should implement traffic limiting strategies like they have in
hyattsville and university park so people can't use queensbury and
lafayette for through traffic.  our neighbor's setups aren't perfect,
but they have better quality-of-life results than we currently enjoy...

i grew up in a house with a bus stop at our front door.  it was
convenient for my mom's commute but the noise was not worth it.  put
the buses on 410.

some problems have solutions.

WE are who we have been waiting for.
http://riverdalepark.blogspot.com/