[RP TownTalk] Wachovia Bank proposal

Alan Thompson & Sarah Wayland twacks at his.com
Wed Aug 9 14:04:06 UTC 2006

[Sarah here.]

As part of their regular legislative session, the council met on
Monday, August 7th, to hear a proposal by Joe Caputo for Wachovia Bank
regarding their development plans for the southeast corner of Route 1
and East-West Highway.

Earlier this year, the Mixed Use Town Center zoning committee did NOT
approve the plans, as they violated 17 of the requirements of the Mixed
Use Town Center guidelines. On Monday night, the council took a vote
(non-binding) that let Mr. Caputo know that his proposal looked viable
to them.

I wasn't at the meeting (out of town on vacation) but would be curious
to know what people think of the current proposal. As an added bonus, I
haven't seen the current proposal. So I'd love to know, from someone
who was actually at the meeting, (1) What the council actually voted
on, and (2) What the current proposal looks like.

Have the number of drive-through lanes been reduced from 5?

How big is the parking lot behind the building?

How much of the "street front" is building, and how much is driveway?

How tall is the building?

What kinds of building materials? Are there windows?

Which provisions of the M-U-TC guidelines are violated in the current
plans?

-Sarah