[RP TownTalk] Reminder - Riverdale Elementary needs our help!

Kristin Awsumb Liu kawsumb at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 16:33:41 UTC 2006

I wanted to remind everyone of the opportunity to help
start off the year well for Riverdale Elementary.  On
Monday, August 14th, Dannielle and I will be
delivering baked goods and drinks for the teachers on
their first day of meetings.  If you're interested in
baking, let us know!

Also, don't forget the school supply drive.  Not all
students come to school with the supplies they need to
be successful - let's give them a helping hand!  The
list of needed supplies is posted below in Dannielle's
original message from last week.

This is a great chance to build a bridge between our
town and local school.  Thanks for everything in
advance!

-Kristin

Original message from Dannielle:
Kristin Liu and I have gotten together to organize a
few events to show support for the teachers and
students at Riverdale Elementary and I'm hoping each
of you will be willing to help out.

First, teachers return on August 14th and we've agreed
to help provide cookies, brownies, drinks, and bagels
for  teachers.  There are 60 teachers over at
Riverdale, so we really need your help.  If you are
interested in providing treats for the 14th, please
contact Kristin or me.

Second, we've volunteered to gather school supplies
for students attending Riverdale Elementary.  While
most students come prepared for school, not every
family has the means to provide children with the
essential supplies they need for success.  Kristin and
I have agreed to help collect some extra supplies for
students to not only get them started, but help out in
the middle of the year when school supplies often run
low.  Below is a list of supplies needed at Riverdale.
 Remember, that the school caters to kids from pre-K
to 6th grade.  Supplies can be dropped of at our homes
or at Town Hall.  The school supply drive will
continue until September 11th, but we would like to be
able to take over some supplies on August 21st, the
1st day of school.

Crayons (packs of 24 or below)

Colored Pencils

Markers (water based)