[RP TownTalk] School supplies and voting

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Wed Aug 9 20:55:56 UTC 2006

When I was at our local Suntrust bank today, they had a flyer there asking
for donations for school supplies for our local students.  I also had an email
asking for donations of pens, paper, crayons, etc from our town
representatives.  Then I read in the Wasington Post that our county exec and council have
voted for an 18% raise for themselves.  I don't mind helping the kids, but seems
like 18% would buy a heck of  lot of supplies for our children.  Looks like
our representatives are only interested in themselves and are not looking out
for the kids.  I can't believe they would vote for such a generous increase when
our children don't have pencils and have to beg....
What is wrong with this pictures.  Please take this into consideration when
you go to the poles next month.  Someone from Hyattsville sent a letter to the
editor at the Post today in regard to this.  I totally agree with him.  Our
representatives say that they should get paid as well as Montgomery County.  I
say get the schools in Montgomery County shape and then you deserve the
rewards.  Our schools will never get better if our kids don't even have the supplies
they need.

Audrey