[RP TownTalk] Mayor and Council Salaries

Rob Oppenheim oppenheim at email.com
Sun Dec 3 22:32:44 UTC 2006

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 08:41:23 -0500, Alice Ewen Walker wrote:
>...Including OC in the average benchmarks for salaries bumps the average up quite a bit.

FYI, we omitted Ocean City (OC) in the adjusted average, along with some
other adjustments to make it more relevant to our situation and time frame.
The numbers did not change much. Less for the mayor, more for council...
Adjusted Average was $689 for council and $915 for mayor.

http://riverdale-park.org/pipermail/towntalk/2006-September/000901.html

Similar sized towns deal with similar problems and is a reasonable comparison.
Looking at budgets is good too.

District Heights and Glenarden are the two towns that are near our size whose
budgets are nearest to ours. District heights $4.5, Glenarden $2.2, RP $3.6.

An average of District Height and Glenarden yields $650 council, $850 Mayor