[RP TownTalk] Stipend increase

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 15:56:15 UTC 2006

Nancy, I couldn't agree more. I've hesitated to post any reaction, not
having heard anything about what actually went on at the meeting, let alone
what reasons might have been given for the abstentions.  But it would seem
to me that an abstention here is essentially an abdication.  As you said,
either you think it's a good idea or you don't.  Conflict of interest
doesn't enter in -- and can't.  This is the body charged with making the
rules.  Vote, one way or another.