[RP TownTalk] Talking to the Town: Two Proposals

david lingua inkywaterbears at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 03:52:02 UTC 2006

Best wishes for the new year.

   And if only the cat could get that fish swimming in
the stream without getting its paws wet.

   Yes it is unfortunate that more people cannot make
it to the monthly legislative session for the
approximately two hours it runs. We all lead busy
lives just like those who made the decision to append
a commitment of public service to theirs. As if those
involved with the administration of this town do not
have enough to do already, requesting someone to
accurately transcribe a +/- 120 minute session from
video tape for posting within 48 hours so as to be
available for a cursory glance or a quick perusal is a
rather lunar. Patience is a virtue and GOOD things
come to those who wait.

   And if waiting should prove to be too great of an
inconvenience then a review as to whether or not to
trundle those happy hips to town hall on the first
Monday by 8 pm is in order. Once there all sorts of
information, made available by town officials, is
proffered for the taking. Stay a little while and
attend the mayor's and council's reports. A little
longer and be briefed by the Town Administrator, the
Chief of Police, and the Head of Public Works. If that
proves sufficient then the journey home more than
likely will be concluded about 9 pm. And those who are
making the extra effort to serve our fair municipality
will appreciate the attendance regardless of duration.