[RP TownTalk] Patriot Group "Condominiums"

Roland Walker walker at pobox.com
Fri Jun 9 19:47:39 UTC 2006

Hi Lou!

"Referendum" has a very specific legal meaning in this case.  I'm sure
that after a little research, Rob would be willing to amend his
comments.  I just don't want people to form a plan of action based on
a referendum, only to find out too late that this isn't legally
possible.

I haven't met a single person, on the council or off, who supports the
current proposal at five stories.  However, that proposal is just the
starting point for negotiations.  The developers want as many units as
they can get, and they will continue to push very hard in these
negotiations.  That doesn't mean we can't win.  I think we can get a
good deal.

Most people in town do support redevelopment on those properties --
they just want development which is compliant with the zoning.

The number of people who completely oppose the project in any form,
who have also come to any one of the many MUTC meetings, is
approximately five.