[RP TownTalk] Patriot Group "Condominiums"

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Sat Jun 10 19:23:43 UTC 2006

When it comes to possible citizen action opposing the Patriot Group
5-story condos, the word "petition" is better than "referendum".

How our council votes on this issue will be important, but the council
does not have the final word. The county planning board can override
the council. If signed by many citizens, a petition against this project
would have great impact on both our town council and the planning board.

Many people have expressed that they oppose these buildings. And some
have expressed support for the project - including people that I hold in high
regard. Though we may disagree on this issue, we still respect each other.
We can make our positions clear and at the same time avoid making attacks
or threats.

More negotiations are possible. The project may still morph into something
I can support. But as it stands now approving these buildings would be a big
mistake.

-Rob Oppenheim