[RP TownTalk] Patriot Group "Condominiums"

Roland Walker walker at pobox.com
Sun Jun 11 00:14:09 UTC 2006

This is an excellent and constructive proposal.

This is exactly the type of thing that was (more or less) out of
bounds for the MUTC committee in their role as a zoning review board.
Now that MUTC has finished its work, and the question has moved to the
purely political side, there are no longer any artificial constraints
on what the town can ask for, and what the town can offer in trade.
MUTC has the ability to consider certain benefits when granting a
variance, but zero ability to offer creative trades.

Along your same line of thinking, I would ask the developer to take
the council and maybe some interested citizens on a tour of some of
their other completed projects.  It's not as if we would have to go
far to see them.  And one presumes that they are proud of their work.

I mean, if their work is good, then seeing their projects up close
would provide the strongest argument in favor of building, right?  So
show us.