[RP TownTalk] Other peoples' dumpsters

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 13:18:23 UTC 2006

I don't know what, if anything, the town can do about
this, but it seems to be a problem at some of the
apartment buildings in town; especially the smaller
buildings.  We have a dumpster which is adequate
(barely) for the tenants in our apartment building.
However, we get a lot of people wno are NOT tenants
who apparently think that, because the dumpster is
situated fairly near the street, that they can come
and put their trash, cartons, even furniture in the
dumpster, even though it's on private property.
There's a sign on the dumpster saying that it's for
resident use only; sometimes from my apartment I've
seen cars stop and "unload" at the dumpster, but am
not able to get license numbers on their cars.  And in
this day and age, I certainly don't want to confront
anyone about what they're doing, for fear of getting
beat up or shot!  Would it be possible to maybe put a
note in the Town Crier or something that people in
town should respect private property and find some
other way to dispose of their trash?