[RP TownTalk] Fw: Fences - the tall and the short of it

regina at kreger.net regina at kreger.net
Wed Oct 18 14:28:37 UTC 2006

Thanks, Dwight, I had it wrong -- I was thinking "side yard fences" were fences along the side of the yard, and "back yard fences" were fences along the rear border of the property.  I guess that's because my back yard faces the railroad tracks and high fences on that side are pretty standard.

Another thought on this rule: if the town decides (as I fervently hope) that a 6' fence is OK for back yards, what about letting natural barriers (hedges) grow a bit higher?  I would like to plant a "Belgian fence" of apples & pears, that might grow to 7 - 8'.  Actually, it's not a solid barrier, you can see through it.  You can see a picture at this link: http://www.henryleuthardtnurseries.com/product.htm (scroll down).