[RP TownTalk] Fences - the tall and the short of it

Alan Thompson and Sarah Wayland twacks at his.com
Wed Oct 18 15:39:03 UTC 2006

[Sarah here, speaking only for myself and not for Alan.]

I don't like a 6 foot fence in the side yard for the simple reason that I
don't want to look out my side window at a fence. This is especially true
for houses that are close together with very narrow side yards - that
fence could be 6 feet from your window. I personally would feel
claustrophobic with a fence that close to my window. I think neighbors
should get a vote in whether they have to look at a fence that close to
their house.

For whatever reason, I have no objection whatsoever to a tall hedge
between houses. I like looking at plants. I don't like looking at walls.

-Sarah