[RP TownTalk] Riverdale movies

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 16:34:26 UTC 2006

I think making the movie house a site for childrens'
activities, "classic films," etc is a wonderful idea.
Although I expect the same objections re. money,
jurisdiction, etc., etc. (realistic objections, I
admit) But that theatre was one of the last really
"old style" large theatres in the area, and it's a
crying shame that the building just sits there empty.
Cheverly turned their old theatre into the Publik
Playhouse; how did they do it, did they get any
Federal/State funding?   RE boutiques, I'd really
rather not see anything too upscale - the plain fact
is, many of us in town simply cannot afford
"fancy-schmancy," we don't have high 5 or 6 figure
incomes.  I'd rather see the theatre or any building
in town developed for something that EVERYONE could
use, not just the landed gentry.