[RP TownTalk] Town Center

JayRite at aol.com JayRite at aol.com
Fri Aug 3 04:34:10 UTC 2007

Mrs. or Ms. Bragg,
Although certainly none of us could argue the state of the Town Center area
that you have pointed out, I must weigh in.

Mayor Archer and the Town Council are in fact diligently working towards
making the Town Center into what has been promised. Unfortunately, Mayor Archer
may have underestimated the amount of time it would take to make happen what
he'd stated to you.

Trust me, I do know and share your frustration, but you have to  understand
that the perception of blight was not caused by Mr. Archer. I moved  to this
town in 1997, and the town center was in bad shape then and on the verge  of
getting worse. There have been 3 mayors prior to Mayor Archer, since then,  and
in my humble opinion, he has been more proactive towards addressing this  issue
than his predecessors, Frankly.

The town is still negotiating with Douglas, and I've heard rumor that,
recently, good progress has been made. The fact that an asphalt patch has  been
placed to cover underground work is an encouraging sign that  construction has
started again.

Yes, businesses need to come back in order to have the Town Center come to
life again. Strides have been made by this administration. Dumms Corner's
development plans are continuing to push through, and that is a prime  example of
progress. Some, have been too ignorant to see that this  type of development
needs to happen in order to overhaul the current condition  of the Town Center
canvas, that you so eloquently painted. And despite  numerous attempts to
thwart progress by those few, the Council and Mayor have  kept focus on the best
way to achieve the goal of Town Center resurgence.

Optimism encouragement and patience, is what is needed for the Mayor and
Council, as reward for what they've done so far and are working on, now. Not
bitter sarcasm and cynicism.

Your heart, diligence and passion are always appreciated. Thanks so much in
advance for not taking my comments in response to your post, personal.

Jay Wright