[RP TownTalk] fiber optic service is coming

Dotsie dorothyrow at comcast.net
Mon Aug 13 20:00:50 UTC 2007

In May I saw the Verizon truck out front of my house on Sheridan St. I ran outside to see if they were installing FIOS and indeed they were! Being a bit of a nerd myself and being completely fed up with Comcast, I waited with baited breath.
At the end of July I walked up to another Verizon truck out front and he confirmed that he had been tasked with getting the north side of Riverdale Park operational by Aug 1st. He said that his crew was on schedule and that we should be getting notified sometime in August. He had a good laugh when I did a happy dance in the middle of the street...
Of course it's not available yet, but I'll wait until the end of the month to despair. :-)

A nerd, but full of hope,
Dotsie

From: "Roland Walker" <walker at pobox.com>