[RP TownTalk] Winter Time Yoga workshop sat. 12/8/07 4-6PM

Lou King lking at knob.com
Tue Dec 4 04:20:39 UTC 2007

Ok the Old Coot can't take any more in silence! My keeper though he had
learned his lesson earlier this year when the the topic of commercial
advertisements on TownTalk resulted in a 'yea, so what?' response from
the forum.

But really!!!

A advertisement for a commercial endeavor (Fee: $35), not in Riverdale
Park, in the form of a mass mailing (Sent to HOPE_in_Hyattsville,
MountRainierMD and Riverdale TownTalk) is more than even my drugs can
deal with, without comment.

If you would like to 'renew our selves' in a more outward and giving
way, as apposed to an 'inward' celebration of the dark of the moon (9
Dec), I would suggest the Holiday Market and Festival of Lights IN
Riverdale Park.
This holiday session is a time to join family and local neighbors in
joyous music filled celebrations of friendships and giving, beating back
the cold and dark (longest night 22 Dec) and the tendency for depression
and introspective navel gazing.

My keeper doesn't let me out much so I don't know much about jocular
camaraderie, but I understand that when friends and neighbors get
together with good food, hot cider/coffee and live music, magical things
can happen.  When you throw in NO-Fee (free) trolley rides, group sings,
elves, reindeer, Santa and stuff for the kids how could it not be a fun
time?

So I suggest we all support Riverdale Park, Holiday Market and the
Festival of Lights on Dec 8. I may be on a leash and muzzled, but hope
to see you at this local event!

COC

P.S.  I can't help but notice that Riverdale Park has a public forum on
"our own" server as apposed to Hyattsville and Mount Rainier use of
yahoo ad filled groups forums. But to each his own.

Lou King