[RP TownTalk] Looking for advice

Nina Faye ns_faye at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 18:08:29 UTC 2007

I hope everyone has seen this notice who is interested in safety issues around the PG Metro Station.  I'm sorry about pasting this to another message; I'm being electronically incompetent.  The message below is from Will Campos.  I know there are Riverdale Park folks who use the station, as I chat with them on nice mornings when I am working in my flowerbeds.  Please come to the meeting if you can.  Thanks, Nina

  Greetings.  I, along with the City of Hyattsville, would like to invite you to attend a meeting about pedestrian access to and from the Prince George’s Plaza Metro Station.  This meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2007 at 7:00 pm at the City of Hyattsville municipal offices at 4310 Gallatin Street in Hyattsville (across from the Post Office).

  This meeting will feature representatives from the major development projects that are being built in the area, WMATA, the County’s Department of Public Works and Transportation (DPW&T), as well as the State Highway Administration.

  The purpose of this meeting is to review the construction around the Metro Station and discuss the phases that impact pedestrian and vehicular circulation through completion.

  In addition, we will review the current layout of the station and its surrounding areas, and the pedestrian routes to the station.

  We want to make sure that residents have an opportunity to ask WMATA, DPW&T, and the developers questions about the plans, discuss access challenges and safety concerns during construction, and provide feedback regarding the changes that could improve access and safety.

  I know many residents have expressed concerns on this issue, and I hope everyone concerned about pedestrian access and safety can attend.  I am confident that the meeting will be informative and improve our area.

  Thanks,
  Will

Sue Collins <wheadle at yahoo.com> wrote:  Sorry you had to see someone engaged in such low-rent
behavior! We have a dumpster w/ a fence around it at
my apartment building which is right by the street
(Lafayette Ave), and I've seen guys come out from
between the dumpster and fence, "zipping up" many
times, and from the smell you can tell they're using
that area for a bathroom. Also over by the concrete
pylons at the East West Highway overpass. I don't
know as there's any specific laws against "public
peeing," but it's really disgusting, isn't it?

For more information about Riverdale Park, visit http://www.ci.riverdale-park.md.us