[RP TownTalk] Beautification suggestion

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 02:01:11 UTC 2007

Hi!

Glad to hear there is some support for beautifying 410 as part of
Gorgeous Prince George's Day, a community event in October.  Problem
is that I need a few volunteers besides PW staff to pull this off.
The town also needs someone to help organize volunteers and
coordinate.  Anyone interested?????  Details are at  http://
www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/pdf/GPG%20Day%20Application%
202007.pdf.  It is very easy to coordinate--Kristen Liu can attest to
that.

It may seem like a long way off, but the application is due in a few
weeks and we must list volunteers as part of the event as well as a
coordinator.

Also, Susan's suggestions are great.  Perhaps, we could build on the
free plants provided by the county (see link above) and the town
could purchase some hardy perennials.  Or, perhaps some of us have
some hardy perennials that we could transplant.

On a side note, I believe the median is technically SHA property
because it is a state road.  Communities can adopt median strips to
maintain.

Dannielle

Dannielle Glaros
dmglaros at gmail.com