[RP TownTalk] Guardrails on 410

Nancy Augustine nya_md at verizon.net
Tue Jul 3 04:10:59 UTC 2007

I don't know about that particular strip of land, but state departments of
transportation usually have a strong interest in what happens in the
medians. They don't care about the aesthetics, per se, they care about
keeping visibility for drivers. And if they are responsible for maintaining,
they don't want high-maintenance plantings, and they don't want surprises
popping up all over the place. It can be a big coordination problem if they
send out a crew to cut grass and unexpectedly find a whole bunch of shrubs
or trees, instead.