[RP TownTalk] Guardrails on 410

Sarah Wayland sarah.wayland at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:48:12 UTC 2007

I do know that for other parts of the median strip where the town has
planted trees, they have made an arrangement with SHA to take over all
gardening maintenance (e.g., mowing and planting) of the strip. That's
why, between Taylor Road and Kenilworth, you see trees planted on the
median strip, and at 49th Street a planted bed with flowers. Our
town's Public Works department maintains those sections of the median,
by special agreement with SHA.

So it can be done.

Though part of the problem with the section of median strip you
describe is that the concrete is crumbling. That, I believe, can only
be repaired by SHA.

I also do not know which parts of the median strip along 410 between
Route 1 and 201 are maintained (e.g., mowed and planted) by the town,
and which are maintained by SHA.

-Sarah