[RP TownTalk] Guardrails on 410 - accidents

mariannethrift at comcast.net mariannethrift at comcast.net
Mon Jul 9 16:05:17 UTC 2007

OK, I'm going to get on my soapbox!  Let's look at another issue regarding 410.

All those saturday and sunday, everyday in a hurry people who drive 45-60 miles an hour going WEST on E-W highway through Riverdale have once again caused another, this time 6, car accident sending one motorist to the hospital, and lots and lots of people (representatives of 3 different fire and police stations) and nearly 2 hours of chaos.  Trickle down effect, imagine that?

So I'm going to kick in my 2 cents in and PLEAD for a sign that hangs over the railroad portion of the bridge (On EW Hwy) to alert traffic flying up the hill over the bridge to: " RED LIGHT AHEAD" or "STOPPED CARS AHEAD".

What is it going to take? Someone will (and probably has) been KILLED on that stretch of EW.

I'd like the powers that be to talk to STATE HWY and see what can be done.

Now that to me seems like a discussion to have.