[RP TownTalk] Possums

OurDollMom at aol.com OurDollMom at aol.com
Fri Jun 8 15:55:46 UTC 2007

Have lived in RP for 40+ years and have had
possums in my yard off and on.  Have watched
Mama possum carrying her babies back & forth
with no problems at night.  One day I was
cleaning out the big dog pen and moved some
fallen tree branches/logs and there was a baby
possum.  So cute.  It hissed and showed its
tiny teeth.  I told him he was beautiful and
carefully put the branches back over him to
hide him.  As soon as he was covered up, he
stopped hissing/growling.  He felt safe again.

I love nature and feel all is a gift from God for us
to enjoy.  The wildlife want to feel safe while
they live among us and we want to feel safe
while they live with us.  So all we
have to do is show them respect in their
space.   I have never had a possum
attack me but I always give them their
comfort space.