[RP TownTalk] Bike Repair

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:36:47 UTC 2007

I shared this with a few people over the past few weeks, but here is a great
local initiative to support.  Local kids are being trained to repair bikes.
Details are below.

During open hours at the bicycle shop at the Center for Educational
Partnership (6200 Sheridan Street, Riverdale, 20737), we will be available
to assist with free repair and maintenance services to members of the
community.  This means you can bring in your bike for tuning your gears,
adjusting brakes, repair flats, make adjustments, and repair parts to the
best of our abilities.  Unfortunately at this time we do not have the
capacity to sell replacement parts or accessories, but we are more than
willing to suggest what you may need to purchase at a local bike shop.  We
reserve the right to refuse service to bikes that we are unable to repair to
safe conditions.  Open hours for the month of June are on Wed the 13th and
20th from 3 to 7pm, we will be closed the month of July for summer camp and
will reopen with more regular and accessible hours in August. Please call
301-779-2851 if you have any questions.

****

FYI.  The Center also supports the community garden as well as a program
which creates murals for area communities.

Dannielle

--
Dannielle Glaros