[RP TownTalk] IMPT. Action Needed: 410-Rt. 1 intersection

Michele Leonardi mpleonardi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 19:18:26 UTC 2007

This went out to a UP list today and wanted to share:

Univ. Park's mayor plans to testify at the Planning Board this Thursday
morning against the Wachovia Brank planned for Riverdale Park. This bank
would be located at the corner of Rt. 1 & 410, on the southeast corner. If
you click the link below and scroll down to the Wachovia item, you'll see
that the developer is asking to add a number of drive thru lanes as well as
deviate from the Mixed Use Town Center plan Riverdale Park established.
Staff report,etc. have links there.
http://www.mncppc.org/Pgco/planning/agendas/agcurrnt.htm

This corner is already very dangerous and the additional traffic generated
by the drive thru lanes will only make a bad situation worse. Please let the
Planning Board know what you think of this  plan. The goal of making
Riverdale Park walkable and pedestrian friendly will not be accomplished by
approving this plan.

Questions to address:
-where's the traffic study?
-is this in accordance with the county's Traffic Impact Guidelines
http://www.mncppc.org/county/Traffic_Impact_Guidelines.pdf
-why deviate from the MUTC?
-the plan would require a car going north on Rt. 1 to make a right into the
drive thru lanes, complete their transaction, exit to the right behind the
bank (West Beale's Circle, I think) make a right onto Queensbury, then right
again onto Rt. 1. This intersection is already impossible at certain hours
but the flood of cars would increase the back-ups and danger of accidents.

We need to fax our comments ASAP- there is no time to mail them.

I threw together that you can just edit and sign. If you'd like to have it
just e-mail me at mpleonardi at gmail.com

Thanks, Michele Leonardi

Address FAX to:

Samuel J. Parker, Jr.