[RP TownTalk] Wachovia building update

Roland Walker walker at pobox.com
Tue Jun 12 20:35:22 UTC 2007

The developer revised the plan, but did not meet all conditions from
the Park and Planning staff report.  For instance, there are still
several drive-through lanes, which is the largest point of contention.
 The Planning Board will be acting on the revised plan, considering
the input of the various parties of record.

Our town council voted to approve the project last week, but only if
all conditions of the Park and Planning staff report are met.  13
citizens, including myself, urged the town council to follow our MUTC
board and reject the project.

Hyattsville and University Park are on record opposing the project.

The Planning Board meets at the big county building in Upper Marlboro.
 There is no set amount of time for this item given on the agenda.

This is probably the last meeting to be held on this project.  If it
is approved, they can start building.  If it is denied, they are going
to have to start fresh.