[RP TownTalk] Park Thoughts

Susan Lewis medicinewoman56 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 16 00:58:31 UTC 2007

Since we are being asked...

I would like to see a picnic area, a playground, an open field where kids
can run & play and yes.. Maybe even get some mud on them. <gasp>  A place
where a kid (or a grown kid) could still sit and watch a butterfly, or lay
back in the grass and watch the clouds.  A place to spread out a blanket and
eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Some trees and benches.  Where on
earth does it take 50K to maintain an area of grass?  We aren't talking golf
course grade here.  Leave it open to those of us who want to use it - we can
bring our own volleyball nets... And take them home at the end of the day -
$0. in maintenance.

If an area is going to be fenced in - let's put in a small dog park.  Let
the other family members play a bit too.

Astroturf, artificial lights, permits to play.  C'mon, folks.  That's no
different than the inside of a community sports arena... Just lacks a roof.

There - that's my opinion.  Nothing more.