[RP TownTalk] Great Things about Riverdale Park

Marc Molino mmolino54 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 12:58:42 UTC 2007

Sue had suggested below talking about the things that are already great
about Riverdale Park--I'd have to say the #1 thing is the people and that
it's an authentic neighborhood. We did a childcare swap this past school
year where my son's classmate came over our house 2 days a week after school
and our son went over his friend's house (in Hyattsville or Edmonston) and
the other mom was impressed by how many of our neighbors we knew (and
actually talk to) and how much of an exchange there is (be that tools, toys,
assistance, just conversation, etc.). We tend to look out for one another
and don't hesitate to ask if someone will pick up our mail or keep an eye on
the house if someone is out of town. It's wonderful to bike to work and see
Bruce and the dogs on the way, or walk my dog late at night and pass Audrey
and Simon outside Calvert House. People have returned our dog to us if he
escapes the yard and I've walked a dog or two back home when they've run
free (I might actually know more of the dogs' and children's names than I do
the adults). Small town charm.

Some of my other favorite parts of RP: the parks, playgrounds, and trails in
Riverdale Park are wonderful. Riversdale Mansion sets a lovely architectural
and historic tone, as well as being a nice destination for a stroll. Lynn
Animal Hospital and Dumm's provide a lot of service and convenience within
walking distance. Old Town Pets is a welcome addition. And the locksmith has
come in handy on more than one occasion!

-Marc Molino