[RP TownTalk] Beautification suggestion

Susan Lewis medicinewoman56 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 30 15:25:54 UTC 2007

I agree with the 410 idea - it's a dismal strip of land and frequently the
only part of our town people see as they pass through.  I imagine the entire
length from Kenilworth to Route 1 filled with small trees (Japanese maples,
cherry, whatever)  and all that "grass" filled with lilies and tulips and
lavender and larkspur - hardy perennials that would only need to be planted
once.  All low to no maintenance and all breathtaking.  How Gorgeous would
this piece of Prince George's be?  Instead of being "that strip of dirt
between Boston Market and Baltimore Ave", we could and should be That Lane
with all the lovely trees and flowers.  Maybe people wouldn't mind waiting
for 4 changes of the light to get home in the evening if they had some shade
and some fragrance.

Sue Lewis