[RP TownTalk] suspicious incident

Alan Thompson and Sarah Wayland twacks at his.com
Fri Mar 23 17:12:49 UTC 2007

301-927-4343 is the non-emergency number.

I hate that "rifling for spare change" thing. I lost $20 and my ashtray to
that a year or so ago. I don't really care about the money, but I do
care about the ashtray, which I still haven't replaced.

My comment about calling the police is particularly important if you think
there is a chance the person of interest is still nearby.

The dispatcher can decide how to prioritize your issue with regards to the
other issues the police are currently dealing with. Sometimes they are
super-responsive, other times they are dealing with much more dangerous
situations elsewhere and take a while to respond.

The police cars are supposed to patrol each and every street every 2
hours, I believe (I'm hoping someone will correct me if I'm wrong.) If you
haven't seen a police car in a while, I'd call the dispatcher and mention
it. Or even the Police Chief (Parker?)

-Sarah