[RP TownTalk] Budget and tax rate process

Dannielle Glaros dmglaros at gmail.com
Mon May 21 22:26:55 UTC 2007

One thing that may be on interest is how college park handles
assessments.  They have a cap for homeowners much like Prince
George's County.  I forget the figure, but someone could call CP.
Rental properties are assessed at 10%.  CP instituted this policy to
discourage rentals and encourage homeownership.  I'm not necessarily
advocating this for RP, but it may be interesting to look at other
municipalities.

Also, did anyone see the article on Mt. Rainier in the Gazette.  The
city is instituting a way to give seniors and those with less income
a rebate.  Not a lot, but something.

Dannielle

Dannielle Glaros
dmglaros at gmail.com